Terms & Conditions
1. Cancellations by the Operator
General Adventure Company (GAC) GAC reserves the right to cancel or vary any service for any reason including safety, adverse weather, track damage, or any unforeseen event or circumstance. GAC accepts no responsibility for losses or additional expenses arising from changes, delays, or cancellations of the services and activities of the GAC. A booking re-scheduling or full refund will be arranged
2. Cancellations by the Hirer
2.1. Cancellations must be communicated by phone, text, or email up to 24 hours before the booking for a full refund. An admin fee of 2.8% of the total price will be deducted by our payment provider.
2.2. Cancellations or changes within 24 hours before the booking is at the absolute discretion of GAC. A cancelation fee of 50% may incur if the booking is canceled or changed at short notice.
2.3. Modifications that result in a reduction in booking value (e.g. changing the number of guests) may be treated as a partial cancellation.
2.4. Refunds will be made to the credit card used to pay for the booking. Refunds incur a 2.8 % admin fee by our payment provider
3. In the event of a no-show for your prepaid reservation on the day there is no refund.
4. GAC will try as best we can to accommodate any changes however any exception to the stated policy in these terms and conditions will be made entirely at the discretion of GAC.
TRANSPORT AND BIKE RENTAL AGREEMENT
GAC agrees to provide electric bikes (eBikes) and transport for use under the following terms:
1. The Hirer agrees to check the eBikes provided are in good working order and free of defects before commencing the ride.
2. The Hirer understands all instructions on how to use the eBike safely and has watched the safety video before commencing the ride.
3. All vehicle transport to and from any location is entirely at the hirer's risk. GAC will have no liability for accident or personal injury to the hirer as a result of GAC providing the transport.
4. The Hirer understands the potential dangers that you could incur in riding eBikes or walking tracks. Understanding those risks I hereby release GAC in the event of injury or damage of any nature to me or anyone else caused by or incidental to my electing to ride an eBike or walk a track with GAC.
4.1. I confirm that I am physically fit and suffer no medical conditions, which may be aggravated by this activity.
4.2. I consent to receive medical treatment in the case of injury, accident, or illness during the activity and to indemnify the Operator against any claims in respect of this treatment.
4.3. I agree to wear a provided helmet at all times while riding.
5. The Hirer agrees to be fully responsible for all damages or loss of eBikes and agrees to pay for replacements or repairs of the eBikes should they be deemed negligent during the hire period.
All prices are in New Zealand dollars and include GST unless otherwise specified. Accepted credit cards are Mastercard and Visa. We can accept AMEX for an additional 1% card fee. Bookings made online will automatically be charged to your credit card at the time the booking is made. Prices may change without notice. Check www.generaladventurecompany.com for current information.
- contact information
- billing or purchase information
We collect your personal information to:
- improve customer service
- process transactions
- provide you with different or new tour options in the future.
Providing some information is optional. If you choose not to enter your height, we'll be unable to provide the correct bike. You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information or to have it corrected, please contact us at email@example.com.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
Travel insurance is highly recommended for all customers.
Claims and Complaints procedure
If a customer has a complaint during the trip, the customer should inform GAC immediately who will endeavor to rectify the matter.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site or service, you signify your acceptance of this policy and terms of service. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.